Power button will not turn the light on
- The battery is completely drained. Connect to a QC 3.0 charger to charge the light.
- The battery is in Kill/Travel mode. Then plug back into the QC 3.0 Charger.
Charging indicator lights flash when trying to turn on
The battery is drained. Connect to a QC 3.0 charger to charge the light.
Power light flashes quickly when starting to charge
Q-Lion lights must be charged with a QC 3.0 charger. When the charger is first plugged in, the light will slowly blink to confirm the charger is compatible and will then begin charging. If the light flashes quickly, then the charger is not compatible.
When charging, the light will not indicate it's charging
With lithium ion batteries, they do not like to be fully discharged. When this happens, it will take a long charging cycle to get them to respond. Please leave it on the charger overnight and see if it responds. If not, please contact us.
When updating the Q-Lion, I get the error "Device Update Failed"
Please check the log file and see if you are getting the following error:
(ST): (API) ERROR : Cannot communicate with the tool.
Wrong tool selection or check tool power supply or check that a previous session is closed.
If so, please try the following:
- Ensure that you have a 2nd Generation light that has the RST and KILL Buttons. These buttons are not on our 1st Generation.
- Be sure you are using the Q-Lion Update Cable provided by Quasar Science.
- If you confirm the top 2 points, please download and run the Driver files here. Click here to download.