Need help with updating your Rainbow Linear LED Light? Look no further! In this article, we go through step-by-step instructions on how to get your light updated to the latest and greatest we have going on in firmware.
- Please download the latest Update Utility at QuasarScience.com/support
- Plug in your Rainbow Update Cable.
- Run the Utility. Make sure you are Linear Lamp Update Utility Mode. If you are in Q-Lion Mode, click here to endure you are in Linear Update Utility.
- Press the "Check Version" button
- Press "Download"
- Press "Update"
- On your Rainbow lamp, press and hold the enter button while turning on the AC switch or applying DC power.
- The system will automatically detect and update the lamp.
- After your Rainbow lamp is successfully updated, it will light up.
Issues with Updating
Light fails when trying to update
Your computer may need up-to-date drivers for the update cable. Download here: UpgradeCableDriver.zip
Rainbow update to Version 0.96 and beyond are only available for Hardware Version 2 of the Rainbows that say the word "Rainbow" above the display. If your light does not say the word "Rainbow," Version 0.95 is the final update.
I updated my Light to 0.96 and it shows 0.95 on the lamp
An early version of the hardware is only able to update to version 0.95 due to hardware limiations.