Ethernet In - DMX out
When controlling a Quasar Science fixture with wired Art-Net or sACN, the fixture (i.e. RR or R2) can be used as an ethernet-to-dmx node on a lighting control network. The LAN2 port on the fixture can be configured to send DMX out to a connected fixture. The process for setting the fixture to Node Mode is almost identical whether using sACN or Art-Net and is outlined below.
Set the fixture in Wired Settings>Wired Mode>sACN or Wired Settings>Wired Mode>Art-Net
Some additional configuration located in Ethernet Settings is require to enable Node Mode.
Navigate to Wired Settings>Ethernet Settings
- Set the IP Add Mode as appropriate for the lighting control system
- Set the Universe as appropriate for the lighting control system
- Set the DMX Channels as appropriate for the lighting control system
- Set Node Mode to Enabled
- The display will show the Input information on the left side and the output information on the right side
The following step ONLY applies to Wired Art-Net
- Set the DMX Out Uni to the Universe to be output on the LAN2 port of the Node Mode fixture
Connect the Node Mode fixture to the lighting control network using it's LAN1 port. The Data status LED will turn orange when the fixture is receiving a valid network signal. Connect the LAN1 port of the fixture that will receive DMX (it's input), to the LAN2 port of the Node Mode fixture using a cat6 ethernet cable.
sACN node mode outputs the same Universe the fixture is receiving.
Art-Net node mode output Universe is limited to a range of 14 universes based on what universe the node mode fixture is set to.
The wired network substatus screen will become enabled when the fixture is set to recieve data via network.